Saturday, March 20, 2010

Using MailServer for SharePoint 2010 development box

As you probably know SharePoint 2010 development is only possible on Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 (all 64 bit versions). I still prefer using Windows Server 2008 so I need POP3 mail server functionality to test e-mail integration and so on…  I have used the POP3 extender from Visendo in the past for this but it did not work quite as fluent as expected.

I just finished installing a new SPS 2010 dev box so I decided to use SmarterMail – for a walkthrough about how to configure SmarterMail check out Reza’s blog.

1 comment:

Peter van den Berg said...

Hi, I had the same problem. I've found MailEnable (standard free) edition and that one rocks! It also give you the oppertunity to map you accounts to the AD accounts en create mailboxes on the fly with your AD accounts. Very impressive tool which works excellent!